Two Crazy Ladies was born
Big was the movie the year, the average movie ticket was $3.50
The Aniston Hair Cut
The Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series
Top Selling musicians; Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine, Van Halen, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Alanis Morisette, Garth Brooks, Janet Jackson
The movie Titanic was released and was the first film to make over 1 billion at the box office.
Y2K didn’t happen!
The first cell phone with built in camera was introduced
The first iPhone was launched
Obama became the first African American President of the USA
The Royal wedding of William and Kate
Justin Trudeau is elected Prime Minister of Canada
10 fun facts about promotional products.
- Eight in 10 consumers own between one and 10 promotional products.
- Fifty-three percent of these people use a promotional product at least once a week.
- Six in 10 of them keep promotional products for up to two years.
- Before receiving a promotional product, 55 percent of people had done business with the advertiser. After receiving a promotional product, 85 percent of people did business with the advertiser.
- With nearly six thousand impressions, bags generate more impressions than any other promotional product.
- The first known promotional products – commemorative buttons – trace back to 1789 when George Washington was elected president.
- Consumers hang on to promotional products for an average of 6.6 months.
- Eighty-nine percent of consumers can recall the advertiser of a promotional product they’d received in the last two years.
- Ninety-one percent of consumers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen, 74 percent have at least one in their workspace, 55 percent have at least one in their bedroom.
- The first promotional product tradeshow was held in 1914 – there were 32 exhibitors.